Yoga For obesity (or) Weight Loss (or) Belly Fat (or) Tummy Fat
What is obesity?
Excess accumulation of fats (Resulting in increased weight).In today’s Technology dominated world, physical activity has decreased resulting in accumulation of fats. Consuming excessive calaries and not spending enough calaries.Obesity may become reason for various other diseases such as thyroid problems. Obesity is result of imbalance of physical, mental and emotional energies.
Obesity and Yoga
Other Useful Habits
Obesity Reasons - Food Habits
Obesity because of physical problems
Obesity as a result of life style
Asana / Yoga poses / Yoga postures / Yoga positions:
- Basic Movements
- Preparatory Movements type 1 to 10 with fast speed
- Sun Salutations 32 rounds in 8 minutes
- Uttanpad Chakrasana (3 rounds)Akarna Dhanurasana (1 minute on wach side)
- Sarwangasana (3 minutes)
- Ushtrasana (2 minutes)
- Halasana (1minute)
- Udarsanchalan (3 rounds)
- Matsyasana (1 minute)
- Trikonasana (1 minute on each side)
- Ardhamatsyendrasana (2 minutes on each side)Veerasana (1 minute on each side)
- Paschimottasana (1 minute)
- Shavasana (when needed)
- Agnisar 100 strokes total in 3 to 4 rounds.
- Uddiyan Bandh 5 rounds ( each round 30 seconds).
- Kapalbhati 5 rounds (120 strokes per round).
- Vaman Dhouti (once a week )
- Laghoo Shankhaprakashlana (once a week)
- Full shankhaprakshalana (once a year)
- Neti - Dand Dhouti - Vastra Dhouti - Nouli (all types)
- Suryabhedan Pranayama with Kumbhak for 10 minutes.
- Bhastrika Pranayama with Kumbhak for 10 minutes.
- Anulom Viloma with or without Kumbhak, Right Nostrill Breathing.
Walking for 60 minutes
Suitable: Normal Food with Less Fats & Carbohydrates but with High Fibres. Best food is Fruits (except banana, mango & grapes ) & Vegetables.
Avoid: Non Vegetarian Food, Milk & Milk Products (Skimmed milk can be taken), Rice, Oily & Spicy Food,Refined Foods, Fast Food, Preserved Food. Food in rich in calories, sugar.
1. Do yoga regularly: You may be practicing the best yoga poses for weight loss, but if you don’t do it regularly, you won’t see results. So, it’s recommended to do yoga daily to lose weight.
2. Be patient for the results: Yoga works slowly yet, surely. Don’t expect your weight to reduce immediately, be patient.
Add gym workout to the routine: If you are extremely overweight, it is advisable to couple your yoga routine with gym workout as well.
3. Develop healthy eating habits: Developing healthy eating habits is an essential key to losing weight. Some of the essential habits include saying no to junk food and soft drinks, neither overeating nor skipping meals, avoid watching TV or chatting while eating. Eating healthy also enriches your yoga experience.
4. Go Outdoors: Outdoor activities are a great way to lose fat. So, allot some weekends for group activities like hiking and bicycling.
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQS
All you need to bring are comfortable clothes and a good attitude. We do a variety of movements in a yoga class so your clothes should be able to move freely with you. Some classes may make you sweat so dress accordingly. We have mats, blocks, belts, and blankets to get you started if you have never practiced before.
No Problem! You can see someone in membership to discuss what you are looking for in a yoga class and they can guide you to the right class. Also, be sure to read our class descriptions so you can decide for yourself what works for you. We have plenty of gentle and all levels classes to get you started; both day and night! Soon at Yoga House we will be able to offer you small group and private classes as well!
First, check with your physician and make sure it is ok. It is also important for you to check in with the teacher before class if you have any concerns. All of our staff can help you by guiding you to the right class and the right props as well. Yoga is NO Competition! NO Comparison! We should not even compare how we did a pose the week before because every day is new. Listen to your body and if it says to back off then back off! No one is judging you, it’s your body, your practice.
We can Conduct Private One to One, Group Yoga Classes and Corporate Yoga Sessions in English, Hindi, Telugu
We use the Zoom software for all our Private One to One, Group Yoga Classes and Corporate Yoga Sessions. You can download ZOOM here if you don’t have the app installed already.
Please make sure the name, email, and phone number you register with zoom provided during the registration of your package
Please note the schedule for all the classes are in India Standard Time (IST) = GMT+5:30
You are required to have a device (Tablet, PC (or) Mobile) with a good quality front-facing camera with a good quality speaker that you can place in front of you during the class.
Upon confirmation of your payment, we will provide u a zoom link to attend the Classes
Please read about the validity of your purchase mentioned in product details page.
If a technical failure occurs from our side, we will end the session and reschedule it to a later date, which will be confirmed via email. If the technical failure occurs on your side, we will likewise end the session and decide whether or not to reschedule depending on the session time consumed.
You mustn’t share your zoom link with others. All classes must be attended and logged in using one device and not multiple devices.
Upon attendance without your camera on, Bharat Yoga Studio reserves the right to refuse your participation immediately without a refund.